2022-06-21 2nd EUROYoung Workshop
The 2nd EUROYoung Workshop will take place in Porto, Portugal on June, 21-22 2022.
The workshop is hosted by the Faculty of Engineering of the University of Porto and by INESC-TEC.
The invited plenary speakers will be Renata Mansini (University of Brescia) and Pedro Amorim (University of Porto).
Due to health regulations and to ensure an atmosphere of conviviality, we are only able to accept 45 participants. Registrations will be processed on a first-come first-serve basis, will be confirmed upon paying a small inscription fee of 50€, and include:
* Accommodation for two nights in shared rooms (occupancy of 2 or 3).
* Social activities (more info soon, but we expect good news for Port wine lovers).
* Social dinner in Porto city centre.
* Lunches at the university canteen.
The workshop takes place on a Tuesday (21/06) and Wednesday (22/06). On June, 23rd the famous São João festival starts in Porto, with plenty of activities (depending on the health situation, of course!).
All registered participants are offered free accommodation in shared rooms (15 double and 5 triple rooms). The offered accommodation covers the night of 20-21 June and that of 21-22 June. The host structure is Hotel Ibis Porto São João, a ten minute walk from INESC-TEC and FEUP.
Call for contributions
To maintain an atmosphere of conviviality, foster fruitful discussion and keep the quality of the event high, all sessions at the workshop are plenary. For this reason, not all participants will have time to give a full-length talk (15 minutes + 5 minutes for questions).
This year we decided to use the following (experimental) approach for abstract evaluation. All participants are invited to send their abstract in one of the following forms:
* One slide briefly describing the content of the talk (recommended), or
* One paragraph of text briefly describing the content of the talk.
These submissions must be sent via email to email@example.com until April, 30.
* 30 April 2022: registration closes.
* 21-22 June 2022: workshop.
More information at the website: https://euroyoung.eu/